Thursday, September 2, 2010

Derek Adams RIP

The following is an email which I quote in its entirety. Derek, a friend of mine for 18-19 years, will be missed by many. Those who met him at Metro on his regular evening visits will remember his Belfast wit. The email:


DEREK ADAMS
to
date Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM
subject Vale Derek Adams
mailed-by yahoo.com
signed-by yahoo.com

hide details 3:49 PM (17 hours ago)

It is with deep regret and sadness that I have to inform you that Derek Adams passed away yesterday 1st August 2010.

Derek suffered a stroke about 6pm Thai time on Monday and was admitted to Hospital where he passed away without regaining conciousness at 4.05pm on Tuesday. He did not suffer any pain.

I have accessed Dereks computer to gain his contact list hence the sender appearing to be from Derek.
Anyone who may have information useful for sorting out his Estate, please could you contact Max Foster, his Executor at maxfoster69

Aoy and Ryan are OK with Aoy taking it quite badly at first but she is coming good, I don't think Ryan realises whats happened yet.All friends and Aoys family are rallying around and we will support and assist Aoy and Ryan in all ways possible.

Funeral arrangement are yet to be finalised and will be in Thailand as per Derek's request in his Will and I will post the details when they are available.

For those who are unable to attend I suggest at some time you raise a glass and give Dereks favorite toast "cheers my dears"

As Derek has 497 contacts I won't be able to reply to individual inquires.


Yours Sincerely

Bob Maughan

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIP mate.

Mark & Jit Tobin 1997-2010

Anonymous said...

RIP Derek, I had some great times with you in Belfast.

Mike O'Reilly

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that should be 1993 - 2010

Anonymous said...

RIP Derek
A Pattaya Legend in his Lifetime
Gone but not Forgotten.

Peter Ellis(North Wales)

Unknown said...

Derek ~ A very close life time friend of mine.

Love is a smile, a tear and a touch, love says little but means so much, love is forever and I give it to you, from your friend who thought the world of you.

Olive ~ Belfast

Anonymous said...

RIP Derek

We will raise a glass to you on Sunday.

Your Friends

The Bushmills Murpyia.
Micky
Michael
Lynn
Jamie

Anonymous said...

RIP mate
Will miss your acerbic wit and banter

Anonymous said...

RIP Derek, I find it hard to believe you are gone. I was going to pop in and see you in a few weeks.

Steve Martin. (London)

Unknown said...

Derek I will miss you and I am devastated that you have gone. I am glad I made the trip to pattaya in June this year and saw you then. You have been a great and true friend to me for the past 15 years.

Phil and Jayne Collins (Manchester)

Anonymous said...

Derek Adams was a truly nice gent.
His wit, opinions & outlook on life were what endeared him to many people.
I have known Derek since my first visit to Pattaya in 1993, on every visit since we would catch up & have a few.
My thoughts & deepest condolences go out to Aoy & Ryan.

RIP Derek, it was a pleasure to have you as a friend, a true legend of funtown.

Shane Kinnair (Flint, North Wales, UK).

Anonymous said...

You Were A One-Off Derek and a Belfast Hero at CAMERA-ONE Jim Millar Your Gray Import Friend.

YOUR TITLE

Alternate content